New Job Opening: Clovis Economic Development Director
(Clovis, New Mexico) Monday, October 25, 2021—The Clovis Industrial Development Corporation (CIDC) is now accepting applications for a new Clovis economic development director. The successful candidate will succeed former CIDC Executive Director Chase Gentry who passed away Aug. 31. The application period runs through Nov. 30, with salary dependent on experience in economic development.
“As we begin this nationwide search, our goal is to not only find someone with strong qualifications, but the right person to join our Clovis family and move the organization forward,” said Ernie Kos, executive director for the Clovis/Curry County Chamber of Commerce. “We are forever grateful for the leadership Chase provided. The new director will have a solid foundation from which to start and we are hopeful to find someone eager to continue his legacy and build on CIDC’s mission.”
The Clovis Economic Development (CIDC) director will work closely with the CIDC Board and other city organizations to promote the business and economic development interests within the community. The director is responsible for leading and executing the necessary programs and activities to promote the city as an attractive location for new, expanding and relocating business and industry; develop commercial and industrial infrastructure to increase job opportunities and attract new business and industry; and support the continued growth and success of the city’s existing businesses and industry.
The ideal candidate has experience in the following:
· Economic development, commercial development, marketing, marketing research, planning and/or public administration
· Ability to plan and implement comprehensive economic development strategies, policies and issues while assuring a balance between a community's needs and CIDC’s Board of Directors.
· Working knowledge of the principles and concepts of public/private development project including investment and financing techniques for commercial property.
· Working knowledge of municipal zoning and infrastructure, planning programs and processes.
For more information, contact Clovis Economic Development (CIDC) Communications Manager Rachel Forrester at 575-935-2114 or email email@example.com. To apply for this position, candidates should review the full job listing at Indeed.com (click here) and submit a resume, cover letter and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press release contact:
Rachel Forrester Communications Manager
Clovis Economic Development | Clovis/Curry County Chamber of Commerce
(575) 763-3435 | email@example.com